Community Fun Days
For several years, together with other churches in Aston and Nechells, we have staged a number of community festivals each year. They are usually held at one of the local schools. We regularly attract between 500 and 1000 people at each one. They are really special occasions, with people from a wide range of cultures coming together and enjoying a great day together. A key principle for us is that these events are FREE, and we are grateful for the grants we have obtained which enable us to make this important contribution to community cohesion.
In 2009, we staged fun days at:
- Deykin Avenue School in Witton in May (see some of the pictures)
- Manor Park School in Aston in June
- St Matthew’s School in Nechells in July
In 2010, community fun days were held on:
- Monday 3rd May, in the Witton area (pictures);
- Saturday 3rd July, at St Matthew’s school in Nechells.
In addition the churches were part of the Aston Family Festival, held in June at Aston Villa.
In 2011, community fun days were held on:
- Saturday 30th April, at Manor Park School;
- Saturday 9th July, at St Matthew’s school in Nechells.
In 2012, community fun days were held on:
- Monday 7th May, at Deykin Avenue School;
- Sunday 3rd June, in Aston Park (the Big Lunch);
- Saturday 7th July, at St Matthew’s school in Nechells.